Disable Closeloop only or +VE

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

civic4g
http://phpbb3styles.net

Disable Closeloop only or +VE

Post by civic4g »

I'm not sure which one to choose. What are you guys using/recommend?

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

I disable all of them..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

sohcd16y8

Post by sohcd16y8 »

I disabled closed loop only.

zeeman

Post by zeeman »

man, everyone says something different about this. I talked to one authorized tuner and he said disable them separately. Then calvin told me (in another thread) to use the \"disable o2 and VE correction\" option instead of disabling them separately. So i took calvins advice and disabled them together with that option and noticed in boost AFR's down in the 10's from 12-11.8. And the car seems to run a little rough when cold, although, not entirely sure how its related, just somethings i've observed over the last couple of days and haven't had a chance to address.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

disable closeloop and ve correction disable do the same as disable closeloop and ve correction (stock) i know why u see a change in afr and you should not see at change i'll check something on my laptop tomorrow.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

calvin

Post by calvin »

sohcd16y8 wrote:I disabled closed loop only.
u should really disable VE too.. In newer version i disable/remove ve correction completely
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

u need to disable everything BEFORE you tune, otherwise it will alter your AFRs.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

sohcd16y8

Post by sohcd16y8 »

calvin wrote:
sohcd16y8 wrote:I disabled closed loop only.
u should really disable VE too.. In newer version i disable/remove ve correction completely
I am going to have to do a full re-tune in about a week or so here when I change a few things. I plan to disable it then. The only reason I still have not is because when I went to do it the other day the car ran like poo and acted totally different. Since it runs nice with it on and im going to be redoing everything, im just gonna roll with it on for a bit longer.

civic4g

Post by civic4g »

So in my case, I've been tuning my NA setup only with closeloop disabled, when disabling ve correction it's supposed to see major differences in afr's? This doubt appeared when comparing my cal fuel tables with the ones i've got when used Cr#m#. I've got lower fuel values in ectune for the same afr's so i thought some correction was responsible for that. Thanks for the help

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

Thats the problem with using the P72 code instead of the P30 code which is used by Cr0me. The VE tables are way different in these 2 different rom codes. When you try to use your old Cr0me fuel tables in the P72 code with totally different VE maps will never work. So thats why we should not use the VE tables at all! These VE tables are made for only 1 specific engine (stock JDM B18C) and because every engine has a different VE it will never be the right map. So just disable the VE and retune your engine. The big advantage of tuning without VE is that the engine characteristics appear in your fuelmaps! You can virtual see the torque profile of the engine. You can even \"read\" the best Vtec point out of your fuel maps.

civic4g

Post by civic4g »

That's all i need to hear/read. Thanks for the great explanation.