Moderator: Gaskleppie

JaredKaragen
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by JaredKaragen »

I'm running the first SP1 beta ;)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

borat

Post by borat »

Gaskleppie wrote:Whow! You found something in vista which is better that it was in xp....... Great find!
It's also in XP SP2, I just checked.

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

I've just looked again and don't see any not attached devices in XP SP2?

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

I have sp2 also but nothing to find here.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

COM PORT IN USE: When a modem that creates a virtual COM port is installed, it will normally be assigned the next unused COM port. If the modem is removed, or if the installation is not completely successful, the COM port assigned with that installation may continue to be identified as 'in use' by Windows, even though it really isn't in use. Each subsequent modem installation removes another COM port from being available. You can reclaim these 'used' COM ports that really are not in use: Open the Device Manager by clicking on the button from Control Panel, System, Hardware tab, Expand the Ports listing, and double-click your COMMUNICATIONS PORT (normally COM1) Click on the Port Settings tab, Then, Click the Advanced... button Then, select the COM Port Number dropdown, and change it a COM port that shows 'In Use' that really isn't in use. Click OK, and continue past warning about using a used port. Repeat for each false in use port. Then, repeat and change the port back to original (COM1) setting. From this page, which has some screenshots too http://www.modemsite.com/56k/xptip.asp IF THAT DOESN'T WORK: set this system environment variable, and then the hidden devices will work the way it did in Win2000: set DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1 Acording to reports, you can also start in safe mode to delete the hidden devices. From this page: http://www.thennews.com/b/N13/How%20do% ... 0ports.php _________________
This works like a dream!
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Installed Vista Home Premium lately and wil be using it the next time I connect to eCtune and I'll verify the above...

borat

Post by borat »

Gaskleppie wrote:I have sp2 also but nothing to find here.
Ah, I see what you mean. You're right, it doesn't show the unattached devices in XP. I thought you just meant the "show hidden devices" option.