Transmission setting: custom ratio

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

David974
http://phpbb3styles.net

Transmission setting: custom ratio

Post by David974 »

Hi my gear box has these ratio (S9B EDM CIVIC) 1st=3,230 2nd=1.900 3rd=1.360 4th=1.034 5th=0.848 final=4.266 How to set them in the custom ration the number are different and there are no 5th Thanks regards

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

There´s probably a more scientific way to do this... but when I encounter a non-standard gearbox, I just tweak the numbers until the logger consistently shows the correct gear. There´s no setting for 5th gear, I assume this is because the Honda code just sees any ratio higher than 4th gear would be 5th. So when you set the 4th gear ratio correctly, 5th will work too.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

i'll post an excel sheet later today
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

Please see attached. Fill in your gear ratios and you will get the values... If i have time or nothing to do i'll add them to eCtune..
Attachments
GearCalcCustom.xls
(67.5 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

David974

Post by David974 »

Thank you Calvin Officialy this is stock Honda gear box with LSD, coming with EDM Civic MB6, the engine is a B18C4 same as B18C1 with IAB, exaust collector is the same as EDM ITR regards