tip-in and fuel problems

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

spdweb.net
http://phpbb3styles.net

tip-in and fuel problems

Post by spdweb.net »

I am sure my newbie status to eCtune has something to do with this but I am having some trouble with tip-in enrichment. I read through some tip-in threads on here but found no resolve to my problem. My car runs lean for just split second when getting on the throttle hard. Say driving around town in 3rd, light throttle it will run around 14afr if I punch it it will go to 18 - 19 for just a split second before going to 12:1 afr under boost.. This is enough to make car missfire and stumble. Can someone please clue me in on the proper way to adjust this out? Also I notice when I made my base map I had to adjust the Injector Offset as much as 14 points.. to richen things up. is that normal? Just seems I should be adjusting something else instead. Lastly I am having a mean missfire under 10psi of boost between 4000 - 7000 rpm. If I come into the throttle slow I can run to redline fine..but if I downshift and go it breaks up really bad. It may be an ignition problem but I had no problems in crome pro. Running around 12.1 to 12.5 afr at WOT. Thanks

non-vtec

Post by non-vtec »

under fuel and ignition corrections you will find fuel trims. there is a TPS Tip-In correction. adjust accordingly and try again.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

thanks just put in 30% or 40%
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

if your having the tip-in issue and having breakup between shifts, more than likely you are too rich on tip in.. A missfire will show as a lean condition on your wideband.. you can try adding tip in fuel first, if that doesn't fix your problem then try taking out about 20-30%.. I see this quite frequently..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

spdweb.net

Post by spdweb.net »

Well, by playing around with the tip in I was able to get the stumble at low rpm to go away. I am still having breakup between high rpm shifts though, which shows as a lean spike on the graphs. I have adjusted tipin between 0 - 80% and still cant get it to go away. Only happens on hard shifts above 6500 rpm. I am also getting some breakup at WOT. Mostly in 2nd gear between 4500 - 6000 at higher boost levels.. AF is correct though so I suspect its ignition related. I have attached my cal if anyone is bored and wants to take a look. I am new to eCtune though so be gentle if you find something stupid. lol
Attachments
tune3.cal
(8.17 KiB) Downloaded 179 times

nate

Post by nate »

What plug and gap are you running
eCtune Team

spdweb.net

Post by spdweb.net »

Standard NGK at .032.. I am back on the stock ignition since my Mallory CD box burned up. That may be my problem, but I have seen cars run more boost then me on stock ignitions before. I am not running it past 7000rpm. Just hate to put money into a CD box and coil right at the moment to find the problem is elsewhere.

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

you need to run a smaller plug gap. try .024 or so and see how that works..

nate

Post by nate »

Yeah Chris is right. I would personally start around .030\" and go down from there if needed. I'm not sure how much boost you are running or plan to run but you should also go at least one step colder on the plugs...
eCtune Team

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

Just get a set of NGK 4554s, they are pre gapped around .024 I think.. They are a number 8 heatrange and unprojected..

spdweb.net

Post by spdweb.net »

By standard I meant standard plug type.. not iridium or platinum or any other 'junk'. I am running BKR6E-11 plugs instead of the OEM ZFR5F-11 because it is one step colder, 6 instead of 5. I have always stayed away from the 4554's because to my knowledge they are all non resistor type plugs and I have heard complaints of miss fires by using them. Any thoughts on that? I will try a smaller gap.. Currently I am running 10.5psi of peak boost. I ran upwards of 11+ on my last turbo which was a small t25.. the new being a t3/t4 so a lot more CFM. I could be experiencing simple 'blow out' caused by higher compression. I will try a smaller gap first and see what happens. Thanks -Matt

xenocron
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by xenocron »

For what its worth...I have this issue on almost every car I tune with eCtune. I have tried EVERYTHING under the sun...nothing works. Some versions of the code its better and some its worse. How do I know this with scientific reason? Because high rpm shifts on my own car are TERRIBLE and every time a new version of the software or code comes out my car gets an upgrade and the severity of the \"issue\" has changed with various revisions on the same tune and values... I get a major split second lean spot and then a TERRIBLE rich spot immediately, so it goes from a lean bog to a rich bog instantaneously. I have logs of this on the dyno and on the street. I think I made a post of this a year ago but some told me it was my fault and that I was nuts, so I just stopped mentioning it. The only cars I dont have this issue on is STOCK Injector and STOCK map sensor setups. Anything where the fuel trim, offset and injector battery tables are altered has this issue for me.
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

zeeman

Post by zeeman »

i have sort of the same issue with my car with eCtune. No problems with C*R*O*M*E or N*E*P*T*U*N*E only with this software. I've tried everything under the sun as well, thought maybe i was just crazy or something, but i guess not.

calvin

Post by calvin »

i'll try to look somethings over in the weekend but i doubt i'll find much the multiplier(tps) is the same as others and since the begining. I personally never experieanaced this on my car too.. So this is, first tip in lean and rich. I often saw a lean tipin on car increase tip in and it's gone... But i'll read over some code again.
Last edited by calvin on Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

i've never had issues like what you guys are describing. i have tuned 3 different setups that were im my car: stock b16, stock injectors, moto 2.5 MAP; 57trim, fic 650cc injectors; and now pte 1000cc injectors and still the moto 2.5 MAP. only thing that i have to do is adjust the injector offset really high. with the 650cc it was around 68.00 and with the 1000cc, idk im having some weird electrical issues. :?