Ignition cut

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

crx303
http://phpbb3styles.net

Ignition cut

Post by crx303 »

Quote from Gaskleppie:
its always better to use ign cut or both. If you only use fuel cut, the engine is running lean during fuel cut. There is always some mixture left in the intake manifold what will ignite. ign cut will stop this.
I share this theory, but when I set this option (ignition cut) for my launch control (TPS based, 3500 rpm, engage above 34% TPS) I get massive explosions/flames from the exhaust. Fuel cut, normal rev limiter reaction Fuel cut + ignition cut, normal rev limiter reacton. Now I can understand what happens, because the unburned fuel ignites in the exhaust manifold. Am I doing something wrong, rpm to low or something, or another setting? What is your experience with ignition cut during rev limiting? (I have a B16 with Greddy turbo kit, 450cc injectors)

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

only ign cut will have a lot of noise and flames. Thats why I only use ign cut only in very special occasions.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

CRX2

Post by CRX2 »

Gaskleppie wrote:only ign cut will have a lot of noise and flames. Thats why I only use ign cut only in very special occasions.
For launchcontrol it works better then fuel cut is my opinion. And when you don't floor te pedal the noise is rather "nice' 8)

crx303

Post by crx303 »

OK, it's normal :) But then I have to play with the settings to get a good result, instead of waking up the whole neighbourhood with my fireworks :lol: BTW the antilag settings work very nice (with fuel cut) What settings do you use Rene? Did I mention already that eCtune is a very nice piece of software? :wink:

CRX2

Post by CRX2 »

crx303 wrote:What settings do you use Rene?
I have LC TPS based. And the standard values eCtune has in it. LC is more a "toy" for me.... I never used it on a customers car. Certainly not with the stock exhaust. At the JAF a few weeks ago there was a CRX with constantly was playing with his Crome-ish launchcontrol...It was annoying.... I demonstrated my lauchcontrol, few explosions, few flames, and he quited :P :lol: Now he wants eCtune... :?
Did I mention already that eCtune is a very nice piece of software? :wink:
Slijmbal? :P

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Thats an fundemented reason to switch engine management :lol:

crx303

Post by crx303 »

For me it's a toy also. I found some more mild settings now. And hitting the rev limiter before shifting is fun. Yesterday I had a guy sticking on my rear bumper on the A4. I gave him some fireworks and he backed off :lol: What is a good reason to change management? My car was running very well on CROME, but it's just the hobby to learn eCtune and to have a lot more options :)

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

with anti-lag for full throrrle shift... that is extremly good. build/keep boost during shift. my race driver couldn't belive how good it is try it once
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

crx303

Post by crx303 »

Yeah, I was thinking of that already to sustain boost during shifting. Something to play with.... :)

z31

Post by z31 »

calvin wrote:with anti-lag for full throttle shift... that is extremly good. build/keep boost during shift.
Also, it's fun to scare the crap out of bikes on street. :lol: This feature worked very well when I used it also.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

I have been too lazy to rewire the clutch switch myself :oops: But I really think it will make the world of difference, because last night my friend was driving, he did some pulls past a speeding AMG... needless to say; I was using fuel+ign cut, and antilag had +3 fuel, with 50deg retard.. sucker didn't really pop, but that was honestly the first time to turbo would feel like it stayed in boost.... which I believe was partially attributed to the antilag retard... ause respool time was almost instant... not quite instant. It hasn't done this before ;)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

So how do i get flames to shoot out my tailpipe ? and under what circumstances ?
Jeff Augusta GA 88 CRX JRSC B16

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

no CAT; the right timing, and right fuel... helps if the exhaust is 2.25\" or bigger... Using IGN cut only: start with a smaller fuel value like 5, and 48 degrees of retard. 5,000RPM for now; add fuel one point at a time till it starts to get unbelievably explosive out the back... at some point, it will quiet down more... back off fuel for now... next adjust IGN +-5 degrees for best results. Now IGN is done; Changing it at the higher RPM's is alot harder to get real good results.... IMHO. Set FTL revlimit @ 7,000+ RPM Add/subtract fuel untill results are desired; remember small changes; and take your time... only rev it till you hear the second pop within a second or 2; try to be nice to the motor and give it a break now and then.... Sub note: If your tune is not correct at the boost/RPM amount of the maps; this will get drastically upset when you change the fuel there later (sometimes) because igncut provides alot of the fuel instead of thru antilag's routine...
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock