Knock Level

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

MartinX3M
http://phpbb3styles.net

Knock Level

Post by MartinX3M »

Hi, I'm beginning to test eCtune (Pro). One simple question, why can i not view the Knock Level in the Sensors Data Window? But I can configure it in the Sensor Setup Window. Thanks!
HONDA Integra Type-R #00809

civic4g

Post by civic4g »

Does your obd1 ecu has knock board? Most of them do not have. Check the pic: Image That means that even that the engine is equipped from factory with knock sensor, when you use an obd1 ecu without knock board the signal from the sensor cannot be processed by the ecu.

MartinX3M

Post by MartinX3M »

hehe yes it has knock board :roll: In the pic attached you can see the problem, there isn't Knock Level in Sensors Data window.
Attachments
knocklevel.gif
knocklevel.gif (32.77 KiB) Viewed 3421 times

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

MartinX3M wrote:hehe yes it has knock board :roll: In the pic attached you can see the problem, there isn't Knock Level in Sensors Data window.
It's removed.. i have to remove it from the sensor list.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

MartinX3M

Post by MartinX3M »

Won't it be included anymore?

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

not for pro
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

nate

Post by nate »

Honda's OBD1 knock system isnt that good anyway IMO... Changes in the engine internals will throw its calibration off (such as forged pistons, different bore sizes, ect). There was a pretty long discussion about this on PGMFI.org if I remember correctly. I'm not surre if Calvin has something up his sleeve to make it work better but as far as I know ther isnt anything.
eCtune Team

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Agreed; if your using a completely stock unmodified motor, then I could see the knock being somewhat usefull, but it really is a waste IMHO.... unless you want to figure out what your perticular motor's knock resonance is, then modify the knock board to coincide with this.... too much work for not enough benefit.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

MartinX3M

Post by MartinX3M »

nate wrote:Honda's OBD1 knock system isnt that good anyway IMO...
I know it nate 8) But it result me strange that i could see the Knock Level in the Sensor Setup Window, but not in the Sensor Data Window....