JIT Debugger?/Ostrich Problems Solved

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

S.R.Rudeboy
http://phpbb3styles.net

JIT Debugger?/Ostrich Problems Solved

Post by S.R.Rudeboy »

I am trying to get Ectune to connect to my Ostrich, but every time i click on ostrich info, I get an error message saying cant detect \"ostrichECT\" on port ; com6... But on the bottom left corner it will say connected..Then im getting 2 errors..If I could figure out how to turn JIT Debugger on, or get another config file with it in there that would be great..... I copied and pasted the two error messages below ************* Exception Text ************** System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at eCtune.Dal.Emulator.CheckEmulator(Boolean reportError) at eCtune.frmOstrichInfo.†š‹Š“™‡��() at eCtune.frmOstrichInfo.�†‘‰™Ž†“–(Object , EventArgs ) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) The second one is: ************** Exception Text ************** System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. at System.Collections.ArrayList.ArrayListEnumeratorSimple.MoveNext() at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ExitInternal() at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(Exception e) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) at System.Windows.Forms.SafeNativeMethods.ShowWindow(HandleRef hWnd, Int32 nCmdShow) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible(Boolean value) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog() at eCtune.FrmMain.��“Š˜™‹†‹™(Object , EventArgs ) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

Try the correct port and also did you load the proper firmware on the ostrich?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

S.R.Rudeboy

Post by S.R.Rudeboy »

Yes, i selected the correct port...I used the firmware updater for the ostrich, and downloaded the latest FTDI driver..Where can i find the debugger to have it installed so i can re-install with the debugger like it suggests?

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

i won't see anything. Can u run a force update? so u run 0.0.2.1r7?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

S.R.Rudeboy

Post by S.R.Rudeboy »

I have tried to force update, it does update, but no luck with emulator...I d-loaded VB2008 for the JIT debugger, but im not very computer literate, so im not too sure how to utilize it....Im sure i seem like a real dumbass cause i cant make my emu work, i just never had a prob with any other editor..I tried to continue when the exception happens, when i press get license i get an error message saying \"Error get Serial\"

nate

Post by nate »

Installing the debugger won't help anything. Try going to add/remove programs and uninstalling eCtune. Also while you are there make sure you have .Net Framework Versions 2.0 and 3.0 installed. Then download the latest version of eCtune from here: http://websrv.ectune.com/ectune.setup.current.rar Install it, then run the force update, then start eCtune Se if that clears up your problem...
eCtune Team

S.R.Rudeboy

Post by S.R.Rudeboy »

Cant do that Nate, I didnt buy from ectune vendor,im re-installing eveything right now to see if that works.

calvin

Post by calvin »

no other people reported problems with their emulator right?

z31

Post by z31 »

I'm having no problems with my ostrich version 1.

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

Everything here is A OK

S.R.Rudeboy

Post by S.R.Rudeboy »

I really dont understand it either...i recovered my system from scratch...downloaded EVERYTHING i could need frameworkwise..got the ocx file from my innovate sdk kit..i wish YOU guys could see what its doing..

calvin

Post by calvin »

OCX is has nothing to do with emulator. Post you step how you fixed it. .Net Framework 2.0 .Net Framework 3.0 .Net Framework 3.5

S.R.Rudeboy

Post by S.R.Rudeboy »

I went from Framework 1.1 to 2.0 to 3.0 to 3.5...now when i try to install the newest driver from FTDI, my pc crashes...i kno the ocx file has nothing to do with the emulator, but it asks for the ocx file IF you dont have it already.. :? ...if one of you admins want to remote my desktop to see if you can solve the problem, be my guest...Id rather you guys try so you can see the problem im having

calvin

Post by calvin »

If pc crashed from the newest FTDI driver you have a big problem. I'm online now for an other so i can support hit me on AIM/MSN

S.R.Rudeboy

Post by S.R.Rudeboy »

i think we are in 2 different time zones....im on the east coast (GMT -5)...set up a time and we will figure this thing out