AFR Logging Problems (SOLVED)

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

AFR Logging Problems (SOLVED)

Post by TopMountGSR »

I went to tune one of our shop cars the other day and while he was driving it, he would take it up to 5 or so psi and go throughout 12 or so cells and only 2 or so would log. How do I make it log all the info it traces [or more of it] not just a little here and there. I hope this makes sense, I am new at this. dk
Last edited by TopMountGSR on Tue May 13, 2008 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

i had the same problem i found that if you play with the afr overlay settings it'll start tracing more i guess by default its set too high. i dunno. anyone have more info on this im curious to know what i did too.

TopMountGSR

Post by TopMountGSR »

Ya I messed with the overlay settings some, there just is a whole bunch. I thought for sure me messing with the [min samples [start overlay]] would fix it right up but it really didn't do anything I noticed. I'm curious when you mouse over some of the values a pop up comes up and says for example, 'start with 5-50'. but its already at 150 by default. Makes me a little unsure on what to use. I also wonder what the advantage is to quad cell tracing vs single cell. I am going to try setting the latency values of the ostrige and hulog down to 1 from 16 and turning the sample rate down [in the datalog comm tab] and see if that helps at all. I love this software I just see it taking me a while to figure out ;) Thanks for your time dk
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

i hear ya. i just set all the advanced settings to their minimum that the quick help says and it starts tracing for me. again i wanna hear what someone who knows what they're doing thinks.

z31

Post by z31 »

I actually have no problem with the datalogging rate myself, but I also use quad cell. I like using the quad cell display while tuning because it will let you see the surrounding cells begin \"averaged\" in also. What I mean by this is, pretend this is cells 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 In single cell format you'd see cell 2 filled but really 2 (main) and 3,7,6 (factored) are being used. Quad cell let's you see these factored cells also but will highlight your main cell a different color. Single will only record your main. Sorry if that explanation doesn't make sense, I word things oddly sometimes.

TopMountGSR

Post by TopMountGSR »

Thanks for your alls input. I will mess with more of the overlay settings as well and stick with the quad cell. I'll update this thread for searchers and post my results. Thanks for your time, Any other input is appreciated as I honestly don't know much about tuning and bought two pro bundles for simply a learning experience. dk

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

what is important is the sample update delay. The amount of sample on a cell before it's valid. and the conditions on the left
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

TopMountGSR

Post by TopMountGSR »

Thanks for the reply Calvin I'll try that as well tonight when we tune it out. I'm going to try to keep most of my questions out of your email box and on to this forum in hopes of helping people with similar problems. dk

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

it sure will
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

TopMountGSR

Post by TopMountGSR »

Ok I got it to speed up logging the air fuels in the tables a little but its still slow and could be the fact that we are tuning this single license on a slower tablet pc. Now my main problem is: When my powerdex meter's output voltage drops below 2.4-2.6v [below 12.5 or so AFR] ectune wont read any lower. It reads fine 2.5v [or so] to 5v.. So it keeps telling me to richen it up more when its already in the 9 - 10afr zone because the software thinks its in the 12's afr. We are using the etd input and my wideband is working perfectly [we just got it out of the box] and we checked the 0-5v output thoughout every afr with a volt meter. I have tried adjusting the scale from 0v=9afr - 5v=16afr to 1v=9afr 5v=16afr and nothing seems to help. I am going to try to hook a 1.5v dc battery up to the various wideband inputs and see if it registers. We did however get the car somewhat tuned just watching the air fuel gauge and not using the ratios logged into the boost areas. I am also going to test my other car at the shop that has ectune single license as well [has another labtop, ostrige, hulog, and ecu not being used currently] and see what kind of voltage results it gets with the battery on its wideband inputs. Thanks for your alls help, I had so much fun tuning this car and your software is very nice. I can't wait to get these little bugs ironed out. dk

akira712

Post by akira712 »

I dont know if youve done this or not and someone else will chime in here soon but if your using eld as an o2 input i believe you have to remove 2 resistors, R136 and R138.
TopMountGSR wrote:Ok I got it to speed up logging the air fuels in the tables a little but its still slow and could be the fact that we are tuning this single license on a slower tablet pc. Now my main problem is: When my powerdex meter's output voltage drops below 2.4-2.6v [below 12.5 or so AFR] ectune wont read any lower. It reads fine 2.5v [or so] to 5v.. So it keeps telling me to richen it up more when its already in the 9 - 10afr zone because the software thinks its in the 12's afr. We are using the etd input and my wideband is working perfectly [we just got it out of the box] and we checked the 0-5v output thoughout every afr with a volt meter. I have tried adjusting the scale from 0v=9afr - 5v=16afr to 1v=9afr 5v=16afr and nothing seems to help. I am going to try to hook a 1.5v dc battery up to the various wideband inputs and see if it registers. We did however get the car somewhat tuned just watching the air fuel gauge and not using the ratios logged into the boost areas. I am also going to test my other car at the shop that has ectune single license as well [has another labtop, ostrige, hulog, and ecu not being used currently] and see what kind of voltage results it gets with the battery on its wideband inputs. Thanks for your alls help, I had so much fun tuning this car and your software is very nice. I can't wait to get these little bugs ironed out. dk

calvin

Post by calvin »

send me you afr overlay settings screenshot and wideband screenshot. because the overlay/adjustment stuff works perfectly

TopMountGSR

Post by TopMountGSR »

Image Image Image There ya go man. Hope this helps

akira712

Post by akira712 »

have you tried using a different wb input...d14?

TopMountGSR

Post by TopMountGSR »

We were using d14 then it just stopped working, tested the voltage output it checked out ok then we switched to the eld input. I still am going to try using a 1.5v duracell battery on the different inputs to see if I can get them to read that low and just use the one that can. It still is datalogging way too slow for tuning it. You have to hold it in the same cell for about 3 sec before it logs it. Everything on the datalogging is slow, rpms, the works, heck I can't even tell how much boost the map is reading, it only up dates it maybe 3 times during a WOT pull. But then again this could be a computer related problem. Its super slow, its a 1ghz tablet pc. We are trying to get another labtop built and licensed for this car in hopes of speeding it up. We basically tuned all the boost tables by watching the wideband and the driver calling out rpms when I told him too ;) We some how managed 13.3-14.9afr in medium load - partial throttle and 11.4-11.8 under boost with it retarded 1 degree / lb When my turbo gets back from precision I am going to try my other pro bundle in my other shop car to see what kind of results I can get out of it. btw I love this software and everything it does. These little problems are simply little problems that I'm having and I'm pretty sure something simple on my end will fix em.