ectune datalogger questions

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Kr4nG
http://phpbb3styles.net

ectune datalogger questions

Post by Kr4nG »

as i was looking around xenocron.com i found datalogging cables so i started to research about it and thought it would be pretty cool to use ectune datalogger to monitor my cars ecu. i have a chipped p06 and tuned with ectune in my 95 gsr. so i finally installed ectune after countless hours of researching y framework 3.5 wont install. so i have a couple of noob questions for you guys. 1. can i mess anything up with my ecu when im connected. 2. how do i get started. i went to settings/wideband and hit save. was i suppose to change something? 3. wat cable do i get? http://www.xenocron.com/catalo....html 4. is datalogging just to monitor your ecu or is it to tune it too. i dont want to mess anything up my, car is running perfect. 5. do i need to soder the four pins into my ecu or no. (dont feel like checking) 6. can i setup 2 step just by using datalog. what happens when i unplug my laptop from the ecu will it save the settings on the ecu or no.
gsr

z31

Post by z31 »

Ok, I'm guessing your not going to use pro to tune yourself so with that being said. Here's some answers. 1. No 2. In your settings for your wb, you must setup which input your using for your wb input. Like for example d14, wb analog output wired to this wire going to the d14 pin 3. Hulog 4. Datalogging is just to monitor, no tuning 5. Your going to need the four pin header soldered into cn2 to datalog 6. a.I don't believe so. b. It's not going to save to your ecu, but it saves on your laptop settings (datalogging functions). You can't make changes unless you purchase pro.

Kr4nG

Post by Kr4nG »

im a bit confused on the wideband part. how do i check what pin my ecu is using. i have a chipped p06 using it for my gsr fully tuned. so if i wanted to setup 2 step i could only if i get ectune pro i can datalog and it will run or i would have to reburn the chip. i just want to know if i can setup 2 step when im at the track with my laptop and when im done i can just unplug it and my ecu will go back to the way it was. sorry im a noob at this thanks.
gsr

z31

Post by z31 »

Your going to decide where/which pin you hook the wb analog output to. If you have an lc-1 or lm-1 just use the wb serial connect, it works wonderfully and you don't have to solder in any extra wires into your harness.

akira712

Post by akira712 »

FTL can be TPS based rev to your desired rev limit then go past you defind tps value(~30-40%) to engage ftl. So you can do this on the fly no chip burning updates or laptop needed after its setup the 1 time. And you can only burn chips with a tuner copy of ectune pro and dyi need an ostrich for updating tuning your maps.
Kr4nG wrote:im a bit confused on the wideband part. how do i check what pin my ecu is using. i have a chipped p06 using it for my gsr fully tuned. so if i wanted to setup 2 step i could only if i get ectune pro i can datalog and it will run or i would have to reburn the chip. i just want to know if i can setup 2 step when im at the track with my laptop and when im done i can just unplug it and my ecu will go back to the way it was. sorry im a noob at this thanks.

Kr4nG

Post by Kr4nG »

what does removing j12 mean.
gsr

akira712

Post by akira712 »

There is a jumper in the ecu labled j12 it needs to be desoldered/removed for datalogging. check xenocron.com out there should be a DIY for ecu chipping and it will probally show illustrations.
Kr4nG wrote:what does removing j12 mean.