Are F series engines in the basemap maker?

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Dmc1
http://phpbb3styles.net

Are F series engines in the basemap maker?

Post by Dmc1 »

I was just wondering In the guide you can't see the whole list. If not how would I start making my map?

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

I can look into it
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Civic Tsi
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Civic Tsi »

Should be good to have. I might do a F22 with an H22 head in June.

Dmc1

Post by Dmc1 »

Civic Tsi wrote:Should be good to have. I might do a F22 with an H22 head in June.
well you would want to start with an h22 base then? Lower the rev limit for the f bottom end with a long stroke it won't like hi revs. But the displacement is close to the h22 so you should be sort of close on the generated fuel maps. I look forward to watching someone who knows what their doing build one! I actually plan on doing one of these g22 motors this summer too. But you know I’ve never heard good things about their longevity. I think it has to do mostly with people over revving them. And it kind of seems like it could be an oil pump/ oil squirters thing. A good place to look for an f22a1-a6 base would be a p12 rom in the bin files on pgmfi. It’s for an f22a1 prelude, In another editor you can get the timing map but the fuel map doesn't open right. I know p12 code has been worked with more then pt3 stock accord ROMs. It could be an easier way to give F series support? But you guys are light years ahead of me. :) :twisted: Looking forward to the release of this thing!!

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

yes it's easier.. And fuel maps need to be tuned always
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

mtnickel

Post by mtnickel »

ya, i run the p12 too i think. Whatever the EDM f22 engine rom is. It seems to have the best timing map. The f22B DOHC was similar but a lot more conservative. As for fuel...when It comes out, i'm sure there will be other F users. I can at least post my basemap...start from what i have now (in my current program), and go from there. Only thing that really bothers me now with my current program Cr... is I need the P72 for IAB support, but the MAP cuttoff acts really funny. With the 2.5bar map, it'll buck back and forth right around 20inches (mostly when backing off throttle, not going into it). it's like the scaling of the 2.5 bar was not done correctly and as a result it sees cutoff much sooner than it should. perhaps there was an extra bit or something based on the MAP value that was not changed. ANyways, F engines are great IMO. I'm running an f22B DOHC (soon to be SOHC as my DOHC cam journals are toast), with 16g turbo. This setup with a good exhaust and well tuned will net around 240whp at 9psi

Dmc1

Post by Dmc1 »

calvin wrote:yes it's easier.. And fuel maps need to be tuned always
Oh yeah I was just saying it would be fairly close to start tuning with. I know I hate starting with a map that won't even let the car stay running at idle. Then you know your going to be there for awhile.

boostfed

Post by boostfed »

would it be possible to start out with a P06 map and just add fuel and some more timing for the larger bore? :?:

Dmc1

Post by Dmc1 »

boostfed wrote:would it be possible to start out with a P06 map and just add fuel and some more timing for the larger bore? :?:
Yeah but it would take a lot of time to get the timing and fuel maps where you need them. It's easier to start with a stock rom.

boostfed

Post by boostfed »

10-4. I just finished up a build on a F22B twin cam 16g, 12psi on chrome 250whp, 250tq. It was tuned on a P06, I think.

Dmc1

Post by Dmc1 »

Hey Calvin hows the F series support coming?

hackish
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by hackish »

The \"g22\" works just fine on the H22 map. I've mapped a few turbo ones and they run very similar to the H22. For the basemap maker I'd love to see a feature where we can add our own basemaps to it. -Michael

cb7tunerx

Post by cb7tunerx »

f series support is a high interest to me, i know little about the art of tuning, this forum being so young will help me learn alot more being a birth of a new tuning program, HMT.com has a lot of knowledged tuners but most will not really give you the time of day, which im sure this site will not take that route

calvin

Post by calvin »

f22b usdm map included

cb7tunerx

Post by cb7tunerx »

calvin wrote:f22b usdm map included
and how much for this map burned on to a chip and shipped to 97071